Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dear Bloggie Friends

I tried blogging once a week, which isn't too difficult, but it's impossible to keep up with all the wonderful bloglets you post all week long - that needs daily attention, and I'm just going to have to give this up for an indefinite period. There's so much to read and ponder from each of you, and so much to say about what's going on here in our corner of the blogosphere. Once a week doesn't do it justice.

I need to devote much more time to my historical novel. Maybe I'm just bad at time management, but I know I'm spending more time blogging than writing and editing. I feel the clock ticking and I want to get this MS in the best shape I can. I'm 58 years old. My mother died at 63, my father at 65, my brother at 49. No, I don't feel impending doom or anything, it's just that I know the only way to finish polishing this manuscript is to get it done, now - not "someday."

I believe in this story. It's a good one. I want to tell it in the best way I possibly can, the way it deserves. That means spending a lot of time learning the craft of writing, which I've been doing. The more I've learned, the more I realize the need for serious editing and rewrites. Also, after meeting today with the critique group at our local Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, it may be that this novel is more suited to the adult market than the Young Adult. I've wondered about that before, but after talking with people today - people who have had dozens of books published - I finally feel free to write the story in a different genre.

I love you guys - you know that, right? But I can't promise to visit as often, and it pains me because I know I'll be missing out on some very tasty bloggie bits.

So, Chapterhouse won't be active for a while. I don't know how long. I'll leave this up, though. If you want to email, please do! My addy is on the Profile page.

((HUGS)) to all!